Breast Cancer Research Foundation or BCRF is a non-profit organization and has raised over half a billion US dollars for cancer research and treatment. Their donors include brands such as The Estée Lauder, Macy’s and Pfizer.
Every year, BCRF hosts a “Hot Pink Evening” to raise funds for cancer research. It is a glitzy, celebrity-studded event, and the centerpiece of their yearly calendar.
However, the 2020 edition of the event was in doubt due to the sudden outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, and with little time in their hands, BCRF needed a virtual option that would be seamless, user-friendly and above all, ready to go in a matter of days.
BCRF decided to use e2m OnAir, the video-first virtual event platform for quickly shifting an in-person event to a virtual experience. Once we understood the requirements, our engineers worked tirelessly to deliver an event worthy of the hype and glamor. Highlights included…
- A personalized event page for attendees to register. The registration page had a virtual donation module implemented where the guests could just click and contribute to the cause. After registering, they could log in to the virtual event through an e2m OnAir log-in page.
- A well-designed virtual lobby consisting of sponsors and a photo wall of previous BCRF events were presented to the attendees. It was all the more engaging when a piece of automated music was played on the same screen.
- The Simulated Live feature allowed the attendees to listen to the celebrity guests for the evening like Elizabeth Hurley, Sir Elton John, Kinga Lampert, and a few more.
- Messages from previous donors were shown throughout the event with the use of the On-Demand Video feature.
- After the event, BCRF received a detailed analytics report for the day. The data included the number of registrations, participants, and also the attendees who took interest in scrolling through the photos and videos.
BCRF’s Inaugural Virtual Hot Pink Evening was a vibrant event with more than 1200 registrants, raising more than $5.2 million as a donation.
Lucretia Gilbert, Chief Development Officer of BCRF had this to say about their experience with e2m OnAir – ” The COVID pandemic forced the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) to quickly pivot our plans from an in-person event for 1,000+ guests to an engaging, mission-driven, virtual experience. The e2m team worked closely with us to ensure we were meeting our goals, while being mindful of the end user experience. Their professionalism, responsiveness, and flexibility was second-to-none. We’re so fortunate to have a partner like them, particularly as we ventured into new virtual event territory.”
Let us get on a call and give you a live demo on how e2m OnAir can make your event engaging. To schedule a call, you can just click here.