Urological Association of Kerala (UAK) was formed in 1983 to promote high standards in the practice and education of Urology in Kerala. The association is also known for organizing various charitable activities.
UAK organizes UAKON, an annual conference every year to improve the standard of clinical practice and to promote research activities in Urology.
UAK had to pivot their conference from in-person to virtual adhering to the COVID-19 restrictions.
To make the event seamless, UAK needed a user-friendly, stable and secure virtual event platform that would do more than just allow them to host sessions – it would come with a suite of networking features and customized virtual lobbies.
e2m OnAir turned UAKON 2020, their 34th annual conference into a virtual event.
Let’s take you on a journey how we met their requirements by coordinating with their event partner Ergo.
- A virtual lobby was made which the attendees would see right after they signed in to the platform. The lobby simulated the look and feel of an in-person event floor. The day’s itinerary along with details of event sponsors and exhibitors were also prominently displayed here.
- The inaugural session was turned into a Hybrid session. The event was streamed live for the attendees. The streaming was done with the help of cameras connected to the main system at the event’s physical venue.
- Live video round tables were implemented where attendees could discuss the advancements in the field of Urology with each other. e2m OnAir Meeting module was used during these sessions helping the attendees to schedule 1:1 meetings with one another or with one of the speakers.
- A well-designed sponsor page was presented to the attendees highlighting the major sponsors of UAKON 2020. Some of their major sponsors include Cipla, Sun Pharma, INTAS and a few others.
- We also made an interactive 2.5D virtual floor with easily navigable exhibit booths. Attendees could explore, collect marketing collateral, watch pre-recorded videos and initiate 1:1 conversation with an exhibitor right from a booth.
UAKON 2020 turned out to be a successful virtual event with more than 200 attendees networking and enjoying the event without any stutter or disruption. Exhibitors and sponsors were also happy to connect with their prospective leads.
Again a big shout out to Ergo for cooperating with us throughout the event.